Essex Business School
University of Essex
The Data Behind Business Success
Transform data into insight for high impact marketing, giving your company the competitive edge.
We are collecting more information than ever before, from smartphone apps to sales rates and spending. Are you making full use of this untapped resource? What could your business data do for you?
A morning of workshops led by industry experts from the University of Essex.
You will have the opportunity to network with renowned researchers and data analysts who specialise in marketing and business during a complementary lunch.
One to one consultations will be available to discuss the data you hold, business challenges and grant funding available to support your needs through the Data Analytics Innovation Voucher (DAIV) scheme.
Benefits of attending:
- Understand the different forms of data and how we unknowingly collect this.
- Explore how you can tap into this pool of information for business success.
- Learn from expert researchers about the benefit of data-driven marketing.
- Delve into the realm of social media with guest presenter Shaaba Lotun (renowned researcher and vlogger) who will uncover the truth about social media in business.
- Understand how to use social media for brand awareness, to generate more sales and predict future trends.
- Be the first to register your interest in grant funding from the Business and Local Government Data Research Centre for our expert researchers to bring data to life, addressing key businesses challenges through smart data analytics.
9.00 Registration and refreshments
9.45 How to become a data driven organisation
10.00 Applied data and research: Data analytics for marketing
11.15 Becoming social media savvy – Shaaba Lotun, Executive Officer for IADS and renowned Vblogger.
12.15 The future of big data
1.15 Networking and refreshments
Please note that your business MUST be registered and registered in Essex to attend this event. It is being delivered by BEST Growth Hub and ESRC Business and Local Government Data Research Centre and therefore your details will be shared with both organisations.
By using the fully funded BEST Growth Hub service, you are agreeing to having your information shared with our funders, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the South East Local Enterprise Partnership (SELEP) for research and evaluation services.